Give identity to your single or multi-author WordPress website with Fancier Author Box , The Only Author Box Plugin You’ll Ever Need.
If you’re looking for a way to make your every page a landing page for new contacts and leads, then you will find Fancier Author Box by ThematoSoup invaluable.
Make your every post stand out and attract more readers and guest bloggers.
Installing Fancier Author Box
There are two ways of installing Fancier Author Box:
Via WordPress Dashboard
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Search for Fancier Author Box
- Once you find it, just click Install and activate the plugin upon installation
- Download the plugin from WordPress.org and extract it
- Copy the fancier-author-box folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins page in WordPress dashboard
Social Networks Supported
Connect with your audience on all levels. Make sure people always read your author’s bio and engage you on social networks:
- Google+ & automatic Google Authorship verification
Beside social networks, you can also display other information, such as:
- Job title (position)
- Company URL
note: For Company to show up in your Fancier Author Box, you need to provide a Job title.
There is, however, no way of uploading user photo instead of using Gravatar. This option is reserved for the premium version, Fanciest Author Box.
Hide Fancier Author Box on Certain Posts/Pages
Fancier Author Box can be disabled for individual posts or pages by using ts_fab_hide custom field. All you need to do is enter a value for that custom field and the author box will not be automatically added. Any value will do, as long as custom field exists and is not empty:
- Go to the post/page you want to hide the author box for
- In the upper right corner you’ll find Screen Options > Enable Custom Fields
- Find Custom Fields underneath the post/page and enter a new one: ts_fab_hide
- Enter any value for it (for example: 1), save it and that’s it
You can find color related controls in Settings > Fancier Author Box > Color Settings. They allow you to change colors of just about any author box element.
These elements include:
- Inactive Tab
- Inactive Tab Border
- Inactive Tab Background
- Active Tab
- Active Tab Border
- Active Tab Background
- Tab Content
- Tab Content Border
- Tab Content Background
You can find them in Settings > Fancier Author Box > Display Settings. They allow you to choose where the author box appears on your website:
- Show in posts (above, below, both, none)
- Show in pages (above, below, both, none)
- Show in custom post types (above, bellow, both, none)
- Bio – This is a standard author bio description. It uses your Gravatar image and allows you to put social profile icons
- Latest Posts – Shows number of latest posts you specify and dates
You can find uninstall (delete) option after you deactivate the plugin from the Plugins page.
Keep in mind that when you delete Fancier Author Box you will also delete all of its settings as well as Fancier Author Box user settings. If you only deactivate the plugin, its settings will remain and will not need to be entered again if plugin is re-activated.
For support requests please use our Support Forums. If you like the plugin, please take the time to rate it at the Fancier Author Box plugin page.